Previously few hours, the Google group has kicked off the implementation of the combination of Google Meet in Gmail for Android and there are already a number of customers who, after receiving it on their gadget, have complained concerning the area it occupies.
The objective of the Mountain View big is to make Google Meet increasingly more well-liked however its integration in Gmail “steals” between 10% and 20% of the display from the e-mail consumer and this, particularly in smartphone shows, dangers worsening the consumer expertise.
The right way to take away the hyperlink to Google Meet in Gmail
Happily, there’s a quite simple methodology to take away that integration by way of the Gmail app account settings:
- open the Gmail software on the Android smartphone
- faucet on the hamburger menu within the higher left nook
- on the navigation bar on the left scroll right down to the Settings part and faucet on it
- these with a unified mailbox should select an account and contact the Gmail deal with, these with just one lively Gmail account should contact the deal with
- within the Normal part, faucet the Meet change to show the hyperlink on or off
This operation have to be repeated for every Gmail account lively within the software.