Touring from dwelling: impressions, recommendation and concepts to proceed dreaming and discovering the States and the world regardless of Covid-19. An unique and strange various to cope with the quarantine imposed by the Pandemic – #iorestoacasa – persevering with to domesticate pursuits and passions in each doable approach.
“In three phrases I can summarize every part I discovered about life: it goes on.”
(Robert Lee Frost)
Touring from dwelling: impressions and emotions of a traveler (accountable, I strive) on the time of Covid-19
I bear in mind effectively the second when all this – the COVID-19, the declaration of Pandemic by theWHO and the ensuing order to remain dwelling strictly – has began.
I used to be in my beloved and chaotic New York, the place no person was nonetheless alarmed by the advance of the Coronavirus in Europe, intent on finishing up some work initiatives, and every part that was taking place abroad appeared one thing distant, absurd and incomprehensible.
Then on my return (in extremis) to Italy on the final day of February every part modified, the world of tourism professionals within the first place – and on the whole that of many others shortly after – stopped and with him a very good a part of my enterprise for this primary half of 2020.
After an preliminary part of complete bewilderment, which I consider has occurred to many people, the attention that the precedence at this second is to scrupulously obey the foundations imposed by the establishments to keep away from the unfold of the Coronavirus and to not overload on this approach the the onerous work of the well being employees already, it’s no coincidence that the hashtag and the marketing campaign have been born from this main want #I keep at dwelling.
So I made a decision to be there, however not an excessive amount of.
Of preserve touring from dwelling, to speak concerning the world and the States, about uncommon experiences and itineraries to supply myself, you, and the numerous passionate vacationers of our stunning group a stimulus in persevering with to domesticate our passions and to look “To after”, with out nonetheless overexposing himself in respect of those that are at the moment preventing for their very own or others’ lives and time to assume “afterwards” now has none.
Forgive this lengthy preface, however I assumed it proper and sincere on my half to clarify the explanations that led me to downsize and evaluation, at this specific second, my presence on-line and to “make mine and ours” the quote of the beloved American poet Robert Frost with which I opened this submit.
Touring from dwelling: my ideas and concepts to raised face the quarantine for Covid-19
At a time like this the place it’s it’s important for all of us to remain dwelling, I attempt to use the time obtainable to proceed engaged on the initiatives – and the group journey creator – nonetheless scheduled for the second half of 2020, within the hope of having the ability to obtain them even later, and on the similar time to gas my need for the world, for development and discovery with the very best thaton-line of worth, tradition and literature in the mean time are in a position to give.
So I enable myself to give you some extra concepts.
I actually hope these concepts can lighten the lengthy – infinite, typically – dwelling days.
Touring from dwelling, ideas and concepts for spending time persevering with to discover the USA and the world
Touring from dwelling: concepts from social media and podcasts
- On the fb web page Simona Sacri Journey Author a bit devoted fully to essentially the most uncommon and thrilling cinematographic itineraries to do within the USA has began. A distinct option to cross the time, now that we’re all at dwelling, to relive magic on the street within the States, to re-read books and to look at cult movies which have fascinated greater than a era. Simply scroll by means of the varied titles and entry by clicking on the hyperlinks.
- A few weeks in the past I used to be a visitor of Nadia Stacchiotti and her digital front room Journey Tales, Journey Podcast. A pleasant, ironic and attention-grabbing chat concerning the States, from the very best recognized to the least recognized itineraries, with many curiosities and insights. Discover it right here full registration, good listening!
- If you’re on Instagram – by the way in which, in case you nonetheless do not know you’ll find me as @sacrisimo – I like to recommend some very attention-grabbing sections. The every day ones devoted to tradition, Area and the fantastic nature of the good American Parks managed by the official accounts of the @uffizigalleries and gods @vaticamuseums – who suggest particulars of their masterpieces accompanied by brief captions – of the @NASA he was born in @NationalParkService.
- I all the time mark you on Instagram # 1minutoamericano by the gifted Elena Refraschini, journalist with a ardour for practice journey (particularly within the States) and English-American trainer. One minute a day devoted to studying an American novel within the unique language accomplished by a native, discover the entire column in its Tales in proof, right here.
Touring from dwelling: ideas from the very best of the net
- L’Unesco – to supply a possibility for recreation, examine and examine throughout this troublesome second – has determined to make the WORLD DIGITAL LIBRARY (the Digital Library managed by the Library of Congress of the US of America) along with its immense archive, nearly 20,000 books, manuscripts and historic paperwork from essentially the most various international locations and cultures on this planet.
Enter the location, choose the geographic space or the sector of curiosity and uncover priceless wonders and treasures, a novel alternative! I go away you the direct hyperlink to the official web site right here.
- There New York Public Library permits on-line entry – to do it click on right here – about 900,000 “objects” of its collections. A continually up to date database with prints, pictures, maps, manuscripts, streaming movies and extra.
- Via Official web site of the Vatican Museums you could have free entry to seven digital excursions, devoted to the Sistine Chapel, the Pio Clementino Museum, the Chiaramonti Museum, the Raphael Rooms, the Niccolina Chapel and the Chiaroscuri Room. One time entered the location you’ll be able to discover these environments by transferring in each course and dwelling on the small print of the person works, all reproduced in excessive decision.
- Up Go to The USA – the principle official web site devoted to the promotion of the USA – you’ll be able to entry the movies and contents of #UnitedStories to nearly go to essentially the most liked locations within the States. Simply choose the vacation spot you like, sit comfortably in an armchair and benefit from the journey! Right here extra information about it.
Touring from dwelling: the nook of books and journey literature
- My Journey literature, right here you’ll be able to learn an in depth article about my favourite books to dream about new paths within the States.
- The Il Milione Podcast by Claudia Vannucci, knowledgeable traveler and tour information. In every episode three new books to find, together with essays, novels and biographies of explorers and vacationers.
- Right here discover a collection of articles devoted to the locations and writers of the journey books that I like most, enriched by a short abstract and a few private issues.
Under I listing the final ones I learn (a pair truly re-read), all the time linked to literary itineraries and experiences world wide to have the ability to proceed touring comfortably from the couch at dwelling.
With all my coronary heart I ask you – simply as our pricey associates abroad would inform us – “please … be protected and keep at dwelling! “
An immense digital hug, from me to you!