For subsequent yr’s holidays we now have a dream: to make a journey to Namibia.
So you’ll be able to think about our eyes in a little bit coronary heart once we acquired the e-mail from Teresa di in nonniavventura.it who proposed us to write down an article as a Wednesday particular visitor. Aside from that they received me over instantly as quickly as I opened their e mail, as a result of I actually like the thought behind their weblog and the images make me dream.
However no extra chatter and let’s go collectively to seek out out what to see throughout a visit to Namibia!
Journey to Namibia between deserts and ocean
For individuals who love Southern Africa, a visit to Namibia is the closest factor to paradise; there are such a lot of issues to see and uncover.
There are two of the biggest and most well-known deserts of the world, certainly one of which extends to the stormy Atlantic Ocean, beautiful nationwide parks and wild nature in every single place.
The place is Namibia positioned
It’s positioned within the southern a part of the African continent, on the border with South Africa and Botswana. Its west coast of the nation is washed by the Atlantic Ocean.
Local weather in Namibia
Being within the Southern Hemisphere, this lovely nation has the seasons reversed in comparison with Italy. Its winter corresponds to our summer season and vice versa.
However thewinter in Namibia it is vitally totally different from ours.
Temperatures in Namibia
In truth, night time temperatures can drop all the way down to freezing, particularly in sure areas, whereas daytime temperatures rise as much as over 30 levels. Briefly, a daunting thermal tour!
When to go to Namibia
Its climatic state of affairs signifies that Namibia will be visited virtually all the time. Needless to say within the interval of December / January it is going to be very very popular; however additionally it is true that the arid local weather will assist you to spot animals extra simply!
Prices of a visit to Namibia
Namibia has solely just lately opened its doorways to worldwide tourism. However in a really quick time it has turn out to be a very fashionable vacation spot. Sadly, nonetheless, lodge lodging and lodgings generally are nonetheless few; because of this the costs are fairly excessive. Furthermore it’s essential to guide properly upfront, even about ten months earlier than the journey. A very good different are campsites, that are clearly cheaper than lodges; or you can lease a tented jeep.
On this second speculation, you’ll be able to actually save rather a lot!
As for the remaining, the prices usually are not excessive. The worth of meals and gasoline is cheaper than in Italy. You’ll not need to face motorway toll expenses; admission to the parks is commonly free, however the place you pay it’s fairly low cost.
Can I go to Namibia by myself?
Sure it may be finished! We rented a big 4X4 with two spare wheels and set off on our journey! In Namibia, just a few major roads are paved.
For the remaining you’ll meet some grime roads. However don’t be concerned, they’re vast roads with a compact backside. If in case you have some driving expertise you should have no issues.
Essentially the most that may occur is to puncture a wheel and have to alter it. However it’s a distinctive expertise to drive via these infinite areas, encountering a car once in a while, typically we now have pushed for over 40 minutes with out seeing different vehicles!
Namibia: DIY or organized safaris?
You may make your individual sport drives or depend on your lodge.
In case you resolve to go for the primary resolution, get a map of the park; the potential for getting misplaced is nonetheless minimal as a result of the roads are properly marked.
Most of those are grime roads which might be very straightforward to navigate.
Some small, however essential suggestions: drive fastidiously as a result of there’s a actual risk that animals will cross the street abruptly and emerge from the bush.
Transfer out of your lodge at daybreak, because the animals transfer at the moment and due to this fact it’s simpler to identify them.
Lastly, take a stand on the swimming pools of water and arm your self with a whole lot of endurance; the animals will eventually come to drink.
And much more enjoyable is to guess the presence of one other car upfront from the cloud of mud it raises!
To go to some parks, you’ll have to cope with sand tracks; in case you do not really feel prepared, you’ll be able to all the time purchase the tour from the lodge or from some native company.
Journey to Namibia: helpful information
1) deliver the worldwide driving license, as a result of they may ask you!
2) do the filled with gasoline as typically as you’ll be able to; petrol stations usually are not that frequent… and also you definitely do not need to run out of water in the course of the desert?
3) similar goes for thewater or different drinks! Convey a cooler bag with you and all the time hold it filled with bottles!
4) site visitors police and checkpoints. Watch out as a result of chances are you’ll encounter “pretend” policemen who will ask you to pay a high quality for numerous break-ins. On this case, get the sheet and inform them you’ll pay on the first police station!
Or, as occurred to us, you would possibly discover actual cops threatening to get you an enormous ticket; they’ll provide to show a blind eye to your break-in (even in the event you could not have finished something) in trade for a private bribe.
Tips on how to get to Namibia
There are two potentialities: you’ll be able to attain the capital Windhoek by airplane, or enter Namibia by land from South Africa or Botswana. This second choice is for individuals who have a whole lot of time on their palms and intend to go to multiple state.
However if in case you have little time, I recommend you dedicate all of it to Namibia; so guide a flight to Windhoek and begin your tour from there.
Vaccinations and insurance coverage
There aren’t any obligatory vaccinations to go to Namibia.
As all the time we now have finished thetetanus (you by no means know!). As for the malaria, we most well-liked to not do any prophylaxis; we simply introduced a robust repellent with us and took regular precautionary measures. We have now coated as a lot as potential in crucial hours, however nothing extra.
In any case, simply in case, it’s good to seek the advice of your physician earlier than departure. As all the time, earlier than leaving for a visit, we now have taken out one insurance coverage which coated journey cancellation, misplaced baggage and medical bills (in the event you use our hyperlink you will get a 5% low cost!)
What to see in Namibia unmissable stops
And let’s get to the issues to go to completely when you arrive at your vacation spot!
1) Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon on the planet. To achieve it from Windhoek you’ll cross roads with implausible landscapes, that are very harking back to the west of the USA. And above all you’ll cross the Kalahari desert, the purple desert!
2) Luderitz, a city on the ocean. From right here you’ll be able to pay a go to to Kolmanskop, the ghost city, ea Diaz Level, a wild stretch of coast on the Atlantic Ocean.
3) The purple desert of Sossusvlei, with its gigantic dunes and the gorgeous Deadvlei. That is in all probability essentially the most beloved factor by guests, in addition to essentially the most visited.
4) The town of Swakopmund, additionally on the ocean. Right here you’ll be able to base your self to go to the luxurious Walvis Bay, with its salt flats and tons of of pink flamingos. Above all, the spectacle supplied by the dunes is exceptional Namib Desert, whose dunes attain the shores of the ocean.
5) Cape Cross, the biggest colony of Cape fur seals. There are tens of hundreds of them, you may be fascinated by the present they provide, regardless of the not so nice scent of their excrement!
6) the nationwide park of Etosha. In case you love safaris you’re in the correct place, right here there are numerous animals, from lions, to elephants, to oryx (that are the image of this nation). Too dangerous you won’t be able to see the Huge 5, as a result of the buffalo shouldn’t be current within the park.
Seashores of Namibia
If in Namibia you’re on the lookout for seashores the place you’ll be able to take enjoyable baths, then it’s a must to change vacation spot!
Right here, the truth is, you will discover the dunes of the desert that be part of the waves of the ocean; or in some locations you’ll admire the cliffs on which numerous species of birds nest.
However you aren’t within the Maldives! The water temperature is much from nice, however that is not all.
The Atlantic Ocean is all the time tough and bathing in its waters will be extraordinarily harmful. You’d danger being thrown in opposition to the rocks or in any case sucked in by the surf or eddies.
An instance of how harmful the seashores of Namibia are is that stretch of coast referred to as the “Skeleton coast”, ie the coast of skeletons.
On this space it is possible for you to to see many wrecks of fishing boats or ships which have sunk attributable to rocks hidden by the water.
The destiny of the survivors was actually unhappy: in the event that they survived the shipwreck, they later died of thirst or starvation within the desert!
In case you resolve to go to this space, you completely should guide your lodging in time, as there are only a few lodges in it.
Furthermore, the sand observe that crosses it’s actually troublesome to stroll. Because of this in case you are not a very skilled driver, you higher be depend on a neighborhood company to arrange your tour.
Did you want this text? Put it aside on Pinterest