We now have a dream for subsequent 12 months’s holidays: to journey to Namibia.
You may due to this fact think about our little eyes after we obtained Teresa’s e-mail from nonniavventura.it, which proposed that we write an article as a particular visitor on Wednesday. Other than that they instantly gained me over as quickly as I opened their electronic mail, as a result of I actually like the concept behind their weblog and the photographs make me dream.
However no extra discuss let’s go collectively to search out out what to see throughout a visit to Namibia!
Journey to Namibia between deserts and ocean
For many who love Southern Africa, a visit to Namibia is the closest factor to exist to paradise; there are a lot of issues to see and uncover.
There are two of the most important and most well-known deserts of the world, certainly one of which extends to the stormy Atlantic Ocean, splendid nationwide parks and wild nature in every single place.
The place Namibia is positioned
It’s positioned within the southern a part of the African continent, on the border with South Africa and Botswana. Its west coast of the nation is washed by the Atlantic Ocean.
Local weather in Namibia
Being within the Southern Hemisphere, this stunning nation has the seasons reversed in comparison with Italy. Its winter corresponds to our summer time and vice versa.
However thewinter in Namibia it is rather totally different from ours.
Temperatures in Namibia
Actually, evening temperatures can drop to zero, particularly in sure areas, whereas daytime temperatures rise to over 30 levels. Briefly, a daunting temperature vary!
When to go to Namibia
Its climatic state of affairs signifies that Namibia will be visited virtually all the time. Remember that within the interval of December / January it is going to be very extremely popular; however additionally it is true that the arid local weather will let you spot animals extra simply!
Prices of a visit to Namibia
Namibia has solely not too long ago opened its doorways to worldwide tourism. However very quickly it has turn into a extremely popular vacation spot. Sadly, nevertheless, lodge lodging and lodging usually are nonetheless few; which means the costs are fairly excessive. Furthermore it’s essential to ebook effectively upfront, even ten months earlier than the journey. Campsites are a great various, that are clearly cheaper than lodges; or you might lease a tented jeep.
On this second speculation, it can save you lots!
As for the remaining, the prices usually are not excessive. The worth of meals and gas is cheaper than in Italy. You’ll not face motorway toll prices; entry to parks is usually free, however the place you pay it’s fairly low cost.
Can Namibia be visited independently?
Sure it may be accomplished! We rented a big 4X4 with two spare wheels and off we went on our journey! In Namibia, only some principal roads are paved.
For the remaining you’ll meet gods dust. However don’t fret, they’re large and compact roads. When you’ve got a minimal of driving expertise you should have no issues.
One of the best that may occur is to puncture a wheel and have to alter it. However it’s a distinctive expertise to drive between these infinite areas, assembly a automobile every so often, typically we’ve got pushed for over 40 minutes with out seeing different vehicles!
Namibia: do-it-yourself or organized safaris?
You can also make your sport drives by yourself or depend on your lodge.
If you happen to determine to go for the primary resolution, equip your self with a map of the park; the possibility to get misplaced is nevertheless minimal as a result of the roads are effectively signposted.
These are principally very simple dust roads.
Some small, however vital suggestions: drive fastidiously as a result of there’s a actual risk that animals will cross the highway out of the blue rising from the bush.
Transfer out of your lodge at daybreak, as a result of at that hour the animals transfer and due to this fact it’s simpler to identify them.
Lastly, take a stand on the swimming pools of water and arm your self with a lot of persistence; ultimately the animals will come to drink.
And much more enjoyable is to guess the presence of one other automobile very far upfront from the cloud of mud it raises!
To go to some parks, you’ll have to face sandy tracks; for those who do not feel prepared, you’ll be able to all the time buy the tour from the lodge or from some native company.
Journey to Namibia: helpful information
1) convey your worldwide driving license, as a result of they may ask you!
2) do the stuffed with gas as typically as you’ll be able to; service stations usually are not so frequent … and also you definitely do not wish to keep dry within the desert?
3) similar speech for thewater or different drinks! Carry a fridge bag with you and all the time preserve it stuffed with bottles!
4) site visitors police and checkpoints. Watch out as a result of chances are you’ll meet “pretend” policemen who will ask you to pay a tremendous for varied break-ins. On this case, get the sheet and say that you’ll pay on the first police station!
Or, as has occurred to us, chances are you’ll discover actual cops who will threaten to pay you a giant tremendous; they may supply to show a blind eye to your break-in (even when you’ll have accomplished nothing) in change for a private failure.
get to Namibia
There are two potentialities: you’ll be able to attain the capital Windhoek by aircraft, or enter Namibia by land from South Africa or Botswana. This second choice is for many who have a whole lot of time and intend to go to a couple of state.
However in case you have little time, I like to recommend you dedicate all of it to Namibia; then ebook a flight to Windhoek and begin your tour from there.
Vaccinations and insurance coverage
There aren’t any necessary vaccinations to go to Namibia.
We now have all the time accomplished the identicaltetanus (you by no means know!). As for the malaria, we most well-liked to not do any prophylaxis; we’ve got solely introduced with us a robust repellent and brought regular precautionary measures. We lined ourselves as a lot as attainable within the essential hours, however nothing extra.
In any case, for any eventuality, it’s good to seek the advice of your physician earlier than departure. As all the time, earlier than leaving on a visit, we took out one insurance coverage which lined the cancellation of the journey, the lack of baggage and medical bills (for those who use our hyperlink you may get a 5% low cost!)
What to see in Namibia unmissable stops
And we come to the issues to go to completely when you arrive at your vacation spot!
1) Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon on the earth. To achieve it from Windhoek you’ll cross roads with implausible landscapes, that are very harking back to the west of the USA. And above all you’ll cross the Kalahari desert, the pink desert!
2) Luderitz, a city on the ocean. From right here you’ll be able to pay a go to to Kolmanskop, the ghost city, and a Diaz Level, a wild stretch of coast on the Atlantic Ocean.
3) The pink desert of Sossusvlei, with its gigantic dunes and the attractive one Deadvlei. That is in all probability essentially the most liked factor by guests, in addition to essentially the most visited.
4) Town of Swakopmund, additionally this on the ocean. Right here you can also make a base to go to the sumptuous Walvis Bay, with its salt marshes and lots of of pink flamingos. Above all, the spectacle provided by the dunes of the Namib desert, whose dunes attain the shores of the ocean.
5) Cape Cross, the most important colony of Cape fur seals. There are tens of hundreds of them, you may be fascinated by the spectacle they provide, regardless of the not very nice odor of their excrements!
6) the nationwide park of Etosha. If you happen to love safaris you’re in the best place, right here there are a lot of animals, from lions, to elephants, to oryxes (that are the image of this nation). Too dangerous you will not be capable to see the Huge 5, as a result of the buffalo will not be current within the park.
If you’re on the lookout for stress-free seashores in Namibia, then it’s a must to change your vacation spot!
Right here, in reality, you will discover the desert dunes that be part of with the waves of the ocean; or in some locations you’ll admire the cliffs on which varied species of birds nest.
However you aren’t within the Maldives! The water temperature is way from nice, however that is not all.
The Atlantic Ocean is all the time tough and swimming in its waters will be extraordinarily harmful. You’d threat being bumped towards the rocks or in any other case sucked in by the undertow or whirlpools.
An instance of how harmful the seashores of Namibia are is that stretch of coast often known as the “Skeleton coast”, that’s the coast of skeletons.
On this space you’ll be able to see many wrecks of fishing boats or ships which have sunk as a consequence of rocks hidden by the water.
The destiny of the survivors was actually unhappy: in the event that they survived the shipwreck, they’d later die of thirst or starvation within the desert!
If you happen to determine to go to this space, you completely should ebook your lodging in time, as there are only a few lodges inside.
Moreover, the sandy observe that crosses it’s actually tough to stroll. Which means that in case you are not a extremely good driver, you’d be higher off depend on a neighborhood company to prepare your tour.
Did you want this text? Reserve it on Pinterest