At this time we let you know about our journey to the Prepare dinner Islands, a visit to the opposite facet of the world, in New Zealand Polynesia: fifteen atolls and a cocktail of custom, hospitality and ideal local weather.
The welcome we obtained upon touchdown within the Prepare dinner Islands was: “Welcome to Paradise“Adopted intently by a necklace of frangipani flowers and one of many sweetest greetings, in our opinion, we have now ever heard:”Kia Orana”Which translated takes on a which means like“ might you reside a full life for a very long time ”.
These small gestures have been sufficient to make us fall in love immediately and you may confirm it along with your eyes by watching the video of our journey
Prepare dinner Islands Map
Earlier than beginning to let you know about our fantastic journey to heaven, let’s make clear the place they’re Prepare dinner Islands beneath you will discover the map:
Prepare dinner Islands the place I’m
The Prepare dinner Islands they’re discovered within the South Pacific Ocean, south of the equator. They’re a part of New Zealand Polynesia and are an archipelago of 15 small islands whose whole space is 240 km² and the ocean space is roughly 2.2 million km². Are you able to think about how small they’re in comparison with the ocean?
Prepare dinner Islands local weather
The minimal temperatures of the Prepare dinner Islands by no means drop beneath 18 ° C and fluctuate from 25 ° C in August to 30 ° C in February. The local weather is tropical and even within the wettest months the solar by no means fails. It’s paradise from each viewpoint there is no such thing as a doubt!
Prepare dinner Islands when to go
The wet season is from December to March due to this fact the perfect time to go it’s undoubtedly what corresponds to our summer-autumn. Keep in mind that Rarotonga is an island the place the climate modifications quickly even throughout this era. We stayed in August and for a few days the climate was cloudy.
The attention-grabbing factor is that usually if the climate is unhealthy in a single a part of the island, within the half there’s the solar and vice versa so it is going to solely be a query of choosing the proper vacation spot, additionally because of this we suggest that you’ve a method of transport autonomous.
Prepare dinner Islands costs
Talking of Polynesia many individuals consider French Polynesia however New Zealand Polynesia has nothing to envy by way of magnificence and landscapes. I, Elisa, have been to each and I can affirm it with none doubt.
Furthermore the Prepare dinner Islands have way more reasonably priced costs and supply a variety of lodging in any respect financial ranges. What struck us quite a bit is the welcome of people who I personally haven’t present in French Polynesia the place most vacationers expertise a vacation in a resort devoted to the ocean and seashores.
To raised arrange your vacation, we advise you to seek the advice of the web site of the Vacationer Board at this hyperlink the place you will see info and journey gives to make your keep unforgettable.
Prepare dinner Islands do it your self
Within the Prepare dinner Islands you may lease a automotive or a scooter and expertise your vacation in full autonomy and this side additionally contributes to creating the costs of the Prepare dinner Islands reasonably priced for all budgets. You possibly can ebook your keep straight on-line earlier than arriving. In Rarotonga we stayed at Moana Sands Beachfront Villas and on the island of Aitutaki at Paradise Cove, two dream locations overlooking the ocean. Of the collection, I open the door and dive straight into the ocean!
For meals and dinners there are lots of bars on the seashore and really good native eating places, for individuals who need it’s also potential to dine in the perfect resorts even when they don’t seem to be visitors.
Lease the Scooter
A phrase of warning if you’re going to lease a scooter within the Prepare dinner Islands: as in any journey that takes place outdoors Europe, it’s undoubtedly really helpful to have a global driving license. Moreover, more than likely if you wish to lease a scooter you may be requested to take a small examination, as a result of solely the automotive image is crossed on each the Italian and worldwide driving licenses, so Prepare dinner Islands officers discover it exhausting to imagine that the license is ours. possession authorizes you to drive bikes as much as 125cc.
As for automotive rental, no drawback, you simply should be in possession of the unique Italian and worldwide driving licenses.
Prepare dinner Islands timetable
The time zone between Italy and the Prepare dinner Islands is twelve hours. Sure, we’re proper on the opposite facet of the world! Which means that when it’s night time with us within the Prepare dinner Islands it’s day and vice versa. However what’s even stranger is that to fly from Australia to the Prepare dinner Islands you move the time line and due to this fact should you go away, as we did, from Sydney at seven within the night, you’ll arrive in Rarotonga at seven within the morning of the identical day. So you reside the identical day twice, is not that nice?
Prepare dinner Islands flights
The Prepare dinner Islands are linked by flights planes with New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia and the USA. Airways which have flights to Rarotonga airport they’re Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti, Jetstar Airways and Virgin Australia.
We flew with Air New Zealand and we had a good time, we suggest it!
From Italy it’s higher to fly from New Zealand or Sydney (maybe including an extended cease over in lovely Australia, as we did) utilizing an organization like Singapore Airways, flying with them means indulging in a bit of pampering. From these airports an Air New Zeland flight will take you on to Rarotonga.
Home flights are operated by Air Rarotonga which connects the homonymous island to Aitutaki, Aitiu, Manihiki, Mauke, Mangaia, Mitiaro, Penrhyn, Pukapuka.
If you happen to journey to the Prepare dinner Islands by your self we advise you to seek the advice of the search engine Skyscanner to seek out the most cost effective flights and with essentially the most appropriate instances for you.
Prepare dinner Islands Airport
Within the Prepare dinner Islands there are two airports (Avarua and Avatiu) and 6 small airports however the primary airport on which it arrives most worldwide flights are to Rarotonga. To get to Aiututaki, most vacationers cease over on the primary island after which fly into the attractive lagoon.
If you happen to like this text, put it aside on Pinterest
Our journey diary
Our journey to New Zealand Polynesia was a daydream. There are a thousand issues we is not going to overlook about Prepare dinner Islands, these particularly:
– folks, imposing and completely satisfied, simply take a look at them to know that life is gorgeous
– Kia Orana, their candy greeting which on the identical time can be a want for a full life
– the convenience with which one can get in contact with the local people
– the lagoon of Aitutaki which is really essentially the most lovely on the planet as Vacationers journal claims
– girls, their matriarchal tradition (it’s the grandmothers who determine for the entire household) and the flowers all the time on the top even on a bike
– the luxuriant vegetation, as a result of if the ocean is a light-weight blue that dazzles the hills of Aitutaki and the mountains of Rarotonga they’re spectacular
– coconut in all its types: to drink, to eat, as a mashmellow and condiment for all of the dishes of their delicacies
– Manina who was so proud of a lot magnificence that on daily basis she requested to have the ability to keep endlessly (and with tears in her eyes he made the entire journey again by aircraft to Sydney wanting and Oceania)
If you’re planning a visit to the Prepare dinner Islands we suggest you equip your self with good journey insurance coverage. No particular vaccinations are required for a visit to those lovely islands.
The wifi is current on the island however it’s paid nearly in all places, even in lodging and eating places (until you might be staying in a resort however we all the time suggest that you just test earlier than leaving). Arriving on the airport, we suggest that you just purchase a wifi package deal that can mean you can join wherever even when the connection is not going to all the time be the perfect. Keep in mind that you’re on the opposite facet of the world, deepen it to do some digital detox and luxuriate in paradise.
Prepare dinner Islands tour
There are some excursions that you just completely can’t miss, so we advise you to ebook them in time:
- Snorkeling: do you wish to miss the chance to snorkel in one of the lovely coral reefs on the planet? Clearly not! We had a beautiful kayaking & snorkeling expertise with KiteSup Watersports.
- Bike tour: the island of Rarotonga just isn’t “solely” seashores and sea but in addition a inexperienced inside to be found. The easiest way? By means of a motorbike tour with a neighborhood information. We did it with Storytellers Eco Cycle Excursions and it was a beautiful expertise
- Reef Stroll: to find the beauties of the ocean of Rarotonga and stay a very unique expertise don’t miss the stroll on the coral reef within the firm of Kura, which profiting from the low tide, make it possible to see starfish, moray eels and plenty of animals of essentially the most disparate colours up shut
- Boat tour: the island of Aitutaki has essentially the most lovely lagoon on the planet. The easiest way to get pleasure from this magnificence is certainly to hitch a tour on a vaka, the normal boat of the Prepare dinner Islands!
Nicely vacationers, you might be able to go, say howdy to paradise, we’re again not too long ago however we already miss you a lot.