Right this moment we let you know about our journey to the Prepare dinner Islands, a visit to the opposite aspect of the world, in New Zealand Polynesia: fifteen atolls and a cocktail of custom, hospitality and excellent local weather.
The welcome we acquired upon touchdown within the Prepare dinner Islands was: “Welcome to Paradise“Adopted intently by a necklace of frangipani flowers and one of many sweetest greetings, in our opinion, we’ve ever heard:”Kia Orana”Which translated takes on a which means like“ might you reside a full life for a very long time ”.
These small gestures have been sufficient to make us fall in love immediately and you may confirm it along with your eyes by watching the video of our journey
Prepare dinner Islands Map
Earlier than beginning to let you know about our great journey to heaven, let’s make clear the place they’re Prepare dinner Islands beneath you’ll find the map:
Prepare dinner Islands the place I’m
The Prepare dinner Islands they’re discovered within the South Pacific Ocean, south of the equator. They’re a part of New Zealand Polynesia and are an archipelago of 15 small islands whose whole space is 240 km² and the ocean space is roughly 2.2 million km². Are you able to think about how small they’re in comparison with the ocean?
Prepare dinner Islands local weather
The minimal temperatures of the Prepare dinner Islands by no means drop beneath 18 ° C and fluctuate from 25 ° C in August to 30 ° C in February. The local weather is tropical and even within the wettest months the solar by no means fails. It’s paradise from each standpoint there isn’t a doubt!
Prepare dinner Islands when to go
The wet season is from December to March due to this fact the most effective time to go it’s undoubtedly what corresponds to our summer-autumn. Keep in mind that Rarotonga is an island the place the climate adjustments quickly even throughout this era. We stayed in August and for a few days the climate was cloudy.
The attention-grabbing factor is that usually if the climate is dangerous in a single a part of the island, within the half there may be the solar and vice versa so it would solely be a query of choosing the proper vacation spot, additionally for that reason we suggest that you’ve got a method of transport autonomous.
Prepare dinner Islands costs
Talking of Polynesia many individuals consider French Polynesia however New Zealand Polynesia has nothing to envy when it comes to magnificence and landscapes. I, Elisa, have been to each and I can verify it with none doubt.
Furthermore the Prepare dinner Islands have far more reasonably priced costs and provide a variety of lodging in any respect financial ranges. What struck us rather a lot is the welcome of people who I personally haven’t present in French Polynesia the place most vacationers expertise a vacation in a resort devoted to the ocean and seashores.
To raised arrange your vacation, we advise you to seek the advice of the web site of the Vacationer Board at this hyperlink the place one can find data and journey affords to make your keep unforgettable.
Prepare dinner Islands do it your self
Within the Prepare dinner Islands you possibly can hire a automobile or a scooter and expertise your vacation in full autonomy and this side additionally contributes to creating the costs of the Prepare dinner Islands reasonably priced for all budgets. You possibly can guide your keep immediately on-line earlier than arriving. In Rarotonga we stayed at Moana Sands Beachfront Villas and on the island of Aitutaki at Paradise Cove, two dream locations overlooking the ocean. Of the sequence, I open the door and dive immediately into the ocean!
For meals and dinners there are a lot of bars on the seashore and really good native eating places, for individuals who need it’s also potential to dine in the most effective resorts even when they aren’t company.
Lease the Scooter
A phrase of warning if you’re going to hire a scooter within the Prepare dinner Islands: as in any journey that takes place exterior Europe, it’s positively really useful to have a global driving license. Moreover, almost certainly if you wish to hire a scooter you’ll be requested to take a small examination, as a result of solely the automobile image is crossed on each the Italian and worldwide driving licenses, so Prepare dinner Islands officers discover it exhausting to consider that the license is ours. possession authorizes you to drive bikes as much as 125cc.
As for automobile rental, no downside, you simply must be in possession of the unique Italian and worldwide driving licenses.
Prepare dinner Islands timetable
The time zone between Italy and the Prepare dinner Islands is twelve hours. Sure, we’re proper on the opposite aspect of the world! Because of this when it’s night time with us within the Prepare dinner Islands it’s day and vice versa. However what’s even stranger is that to fly from Australia to the Prepare dinner Islands you cross the time line and due to this fact if you happen to go away, as we did, from Sydney at seven within the night, you’ll arrive in Rarotonga at seven within the morning of the identical day. So you reside the identical day twice, is not that nice?
Prepare dinner Islands flights
The Prepare dinner Islands are linked by flights planes with New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia and america. Airways which have flights to Rarotonga airport they’re Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti, Jetstar Airways and Virgin Australia.
We flew with Air New Zealand and we had a good time, we suggest it!
From Italy it’s higher to fly from New Zealand or Sydney (maybe including an extended cease over in stunning Australia, as we did) utilizing an organization like Singapore Airways, flying with them means indulging in a little bit pampering. From these airports an Air New Zeland flight will take you on to Rarotonga.
Home flights are operated by Air Rarotonga which connects the homonymous island to Aitutaki, Aitiu, Manihiki, Mauke, Mangaia, Mitiaro, Penrhyn, Pukapuka.
In the event you journey to the Prepare dinner Islands by your self we advise you to seek the advice of the search engine Skyscanner to search out the most affordable flights and with probably the most appropriate occasions for you.
Prepare dinner Islands Airport
Within the Prepare dinner Islands there are two airports (Avarua and Avatiu) and 6 small airports however the principle airport on which it arrives most worldwide flights are to Rarotonga. To get to Aiututaki, most vacationers cease over on the principle island after which fly into the gorgeous lagoon.
In the event you like this text, reserve it on Pinterest
Our journey diary
Our journey to New Zealand Polynesia was a daydream. There are a thousand issues we won’t overlook about Prepare dinner Islands, these particularly:
– folks, imposing and pleased, simply have a look at them to grasp that life is gorgeous
– Kia Orana, their candy greeting which on the identical time can also be a want for a full life
– the convenience with which one can get in contact with the area people
– the lagoon of Aitutaki which is really probably the most stunning on the planet as Vacationers journal claims
– ladies, their matriarchal tradition (it’s the grandmothers who determine for the entire household) and the flowers at all times on the top even on a bike
– the luxuriant vegetation, as a result of if the ocean is a light-weight blue that dazzles the hills of Aitutaki and the mountains of Rarotonga they’re spectacular
– coconut in all its kinds: to drink, to eat, as a mashmellow and condiment for all of the dishes of their delicacies
– Manina who was so proud of a lot magnificence that day-after-day she requested to have the ability to keep without end (and with tears in her eyes he made the entire journey again by airplane to Sydney wanting and Oceania)
If you’re planning a visit to the Prepare dinner Islands we suggest you equip your self with good journey insurance coverage. No particular vaccinations are required for a visit to those stunning islands.
The wifi is current on the island however it’s paid nearly in all places, even in lodging and eating places (except you might be staying in a resort however we at all times suggest that you simply examine earlier than leaving). Arriving on the airport, we suggest that you simply purchase a wifi package deal that may assist you to join wherever even when the connection won’t at all times be the most effective. Keep in mind that you’re on the opposite aspect of the world, deepen it to do some digital detox and revel in paradise.
Prepare dinner Islands tour
There are some excursions that you simply completely can not miss, so we advise you to guide them in time:
- Snorkeling: do you wish to miss the chance to snorkel in one of the crucial stunning coral reefs on the planet? Clearly not! We had an exquisite kayaking & snorkeling expertise with KiteSup Watersports.
- Bike tour: the island of Rarotonga shouldn’t be “solely” seashores and sea but additionally a inexperienced inside to be found. The easiest way? By way of a motorcycle tour with an area information. We did it with Storytellers Eco Cycle Excursions and it was an exquisite expertise
- Reef Stroll: to find the beauties of the ocean of Rarotonga and dwell a really unique expertise don’t miss the stroll on the coral reef within the firm of Kura, which benefiting from the low tide, make it possible to see starfish, moray eels and plenty of animals of probably the most disparate colours up shut
- Boat tour: the island of Aitutaki has probably the most stunning lagoon on the planet. The easiest way to get pleasure from this magnificence is unquestionably to affix a tour on a vaka, the standard boat of the Prepare dinner Islands!
Nicely vacationers, you might be able to go, say whats up to paradise, we’re again lately however we already miss you a lot.