Extra unique than Europe, usually cheaper and above all very sunny, the north of African continent invitations you to flee and uncover locations with loads to supply. The place to go in Africa? Listed here are 5 locations inside 6 hours of flight, preferrred for a brief week of trip whereas ready for summer season!
Would you like a calming keep underneath the Mediterranean solar when it’s grey at house? Solely 2 h 20 flight from Paris with Air France, Tunis is the gateway to the smallest nation within the Maghreb.
Along with having a light and nice local weather all yr spherical, Tunisia is filled with facilities of curiosity:
- Websites categorized as UNESCO world websites such because the medina of Tunis, that of Kairouan and even thereRoman amphitheater of El-Jem
- Sidi Bou Stated, charming village with the air of a Greek village
- The ruins of Carthage, probably the most well-known archaeological web site within the nation
- Ksar-ouled-Soltane, fantastically restored fortress on the gates of the desert
- Sousse and the plains of Sahel
And the record continues to be lengthy !
Oran and the Habibas Islands
Located at 2 h 25 flight from Paris, the second metropolis of Algeria will seduce lovers of locations off the overwhelmed observe. Has a essential architectural heritage, Oran is found via its chapels, basilicas and mosques: the Cathedral of the Sacred Coronary heart, the Palace of the Bey or the mosques of Hassan Pasha and Abdellah Ben Salam.
If you happen to had to decide on just one place to see in Oran, it might in all probability be the fort of Santa-Cruz. Perched on the heights of the town, this historic monument gives breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. And if you wish to get out of the hustle and bustle of the town, go to the Habibas Islands west of Oran. Primarily frequented by locals, they are going to delight diving lovers!
How you can get there ? Air France gives 2 flights per week leaving Paris to discover Oran, the “Radiant”.
Once we marvel the place to go to Africa, Morocco is commonly one of many locations that come to thoughts. If you happen to already know the nation properly, possibly you have not been to Casablanca but?
Served each day by Air France from Paris, the financial heart of the nation is value a detour for only a weekend. What to see in Casablanca?
- The medina and the Artwork Deco buildings downtown
- The souks of the district of Habous that can awaken your 5 senses
- The Hassan-II mosque and its 2,500 columns, an actual architectural feat
- The cornice and the district of Ain Diab for a stroll by the ocean
Actually much less picturesque than its counterpart Marrakech and fewer historic than Fez or Meknes, the guts of Casablanca beats to the rhythm of its inhabitants and its unbelievable city tasks … All of this solely three hours flight from Paris !
Algiers, the White
Rather more than a tumultuous and noisy capital, Algiers is a bit like an outdated relic: a jewel hidden underneath a layer of mud which is able to show invaluable within the eyes of those that know have an interest. 2 h 20 flight from Paris, Algiers the “White” is an incredible vacation spot which will be simply visited in 2 or three days.
Wander within the Casbah listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, climb as much as Basilica of Our Woman of Africa, domesticate Museum of Advantageous Arts then take a break at Check Backyard earlier than ending the day with a stroll on the seafront: listed here are some concepts for spending an extended weekend in Algiers.
Whether it is advisable to maneuver there with warning as a result of pleasure of the previous few weeks, Algiers has embodied for a number of years the renewal of the Maghreb: an extra cause to discover the Algerian capital …
Disconnection, change of surroundings and authenticity, Senegal is one of the fascinating (and most secure) locations in West Africa ! Slightly below 6 hours flight from Paris, Senegal is a focus of Africa vibrating to the rhythm of its colours, its markets and the waves of the Atlantic.
Throughout your journey to Senegal, plan to:
- Discover them Dakar markets throughout a day
- Take a ferry to discoverGorée Island, a poignant witness to the years of French colonialism
- Navigate among the many mangroves and lagoons of Saloum Delta
- Stroll the UNESCO World Heritage streets of Saint Louis
- Calm down for a number of days on the Senegalese seashores, whether or not on the island of N’Gor close to Dakar, within the charming seaside resort of Saly, or at Toubab Dialao in a stunning setting of pink rock cliffs
How you can get there ? Air France connects Dakar each day from Paris Charles de Gaulles Airport all year long.
Air France connects all of those locations to the primary French cities in only a few hours by aircraft … Dare to assume exterior the field and set off to find Africa!